Wood is often seen as a popular, “traditional” framing material, but more and more folks are now seeing the advantages of choosing light-gauge steel for their building applications.
What’s so great about light-gauge steel? Consider these points:
Steel is efficient, lightweight, and easy to work with
Light-gauge isn’t heavy, but it possesses an incredibly high strength-to-weight ratio. What that means is that it takes less steel to frame a building than it would with other materials. Because fewer materials are required, steel construction uses fewer of Earth’s resources. Prefabricated steel components are also easy to work with on the Jobsite, and don’t require as much labor to install.
Less jobsite waste means less landfill impact
Prefabricated steel components are incredibly consistent in terms of product quality. In addition, each component is engineered and measured to meet exact specifications. The result is less waste produced and less waste disposal costs. On top of that, any steel that is left over is completely recyclable.
Steel is durable and long-lasting
Steel components don’t warp or rot like wood, and last much longer than other inferior materials. And since metal is naturally flexible, a steel structure can even withstand more in the way of earthquake impacts. In many cases, a well-built steel structure can last you for a lifetime. You can’t always say the same for a wood-framed building!
Steel is actually a green material
You may not think of steel as being “green,” but it’s really greener than you may think! Steel is actually one of the most recycled materials in the world. More steel is recycled in America than paper, aluminum, glass, and plastic put together! In addition, steel produced domestically also contains a percentage of recycled steel to begin with, and is completely recyclable on its own. If you ever decide you no longer need your steel building, all of its components can be recycled, rather than trashed.
Come see THE BOSS for your steel building!
As you can see, there’s lots to like about steel, and there’s also lots to like about a steel building from THE BOSS! Ready to get your best metal carport, garage, barn, RV cover, workshop, or other custom building? Look no further than Boss Buildings:
- We have a fantastic selection of metal buildings in many popular styles and sizes, including carports, garages, RV covers, barns, utility buildings, workshops, and larger buildings (up to 70’-wide) for commercial applications
- We offer some of the lowest prices you’ll find, with manufacturer-direct sourcing
- Because we work directly with the manufacturer, we can also get you your building faster, with shorter lead times
- American-made; every one of our buildings is locally-produced and installed
- Speaking of installation, we deliver and install for no extra charge across our 15-state service area!
- THE BOSS has you covered!
Give us a call at (336) 673-3065 and let’s get started on your custom steel building today!