- 15 July 2020
- Posted By admin
Steel buildings are renowned for their affordability, customizability, longevity, strength, and multitude of other benefits.
For these and numerous other reasons, metal buildings have exploded in popularity in the United States in recent years, leading to a tremendous increase in demand.
As more people discover the advantages of metal buildings, they have more questions. From basic questions about the structure of metal buildings to more advanced questions such as what galvanized steel is and why it is such an incredible building material, Boss Buildings and its team of experts are there to not only answer, but also provide step-by-step help through the learning and buying process.
What is Galvanizing?
Before diving into the many benefits of galvanized steel (there are a lot), it’s important to understand what galvanizing actually is. While the definition can get relatively complicated, the gist of it is this: galvanization is a process by which zinc is applied to metal (steel or iron). This zinc coating provides protection and prevents rusting.
While there are many ways to execute this process, the most common is called “hot dip” galvanizing. This involves immersing the steel in molten zinc. It is a simple process that keeps waste to a minimum, as the vat of zinc can be used again and again.
Advantages of Galvanized Coated Steel Buildings
As you can imagine, there are a number of reasons that steel buildings are typically constructed using galvanized steel. Those reasons are as diverse as they are numerous, so we’ve highlighted a few key advantages below. For a more comprehensive explanation, consider contacting Boss Buildings!
- Initial Costs – The initial cost associated with galvanized steel is generally lower than that of other treated steels. Galvanized steel also does not require any additional work on arrival, saving you further time and money.
- Long-Term Costs – The coating applied during galvanization is incredibly strong, giving it impressive durability. This means less likelihood of necessary maintenance, repairs, and re-coating. In other words, you can save quite a bit of money over the lifespan of your building.
- Sustainability – Steel is a recyclable material, meaning that the materials used in your building are likely at least partly recycled, and your building can be recycled in the future, too. Also, the durability of galvanized steel gives it a long lifespan, leading to less waste. So, if you want to go green, go galvanized!
- Maintenance – To clean and maintain your galvanized steel building, all you have to do is clean them once a year. This usually involves simply spraying them with alkaline water, then wiping dry. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
- Lifespan – This point has been mentioned a few times, but it’s worth repeating—galvanized steel buildings last a long time. Sometimes, more than 50 years! This carries several connotations, from cost-savings to sustainability.
- Toughness – Galvanization gives your steel one of the toughest coatings in the industry, making damage less likely. From transport to facing the elements, galvanized steel withstands just about every challenge thrown at it. This makes galvanized steel ideal for most metal building applications, especially those in harsh environments.
- Construction Times – Galvanized steel parts do not require any extra preparation. As soon as they arrive, they are ready to be installed. This cuts down on construction times dramatically, allowing you to install and use your building quicker than many alternative methods.
- Easy Inspections – Any defects in galvanized steel are easy to spot. If the coating looks uniform, it is, and there is nothing beneath it to worry about! This saves you time and worries when you do perform your annual building inspection.
Galvanized Steel Buildings from Boss Buildings
When Americans need metal buildings, they turn to the best in the industry—Boss Buildings. As the go-to dealer of galvanized steel buildings, Boss Buildings has established its reputation through years of consistently providing the best quality buildings, superior customer service, and the all-around best customer experience on the market.
If you are wanting to learn more about galvanization, want guidance as you customize your metal building to fit your needs, or are ready to buy your dream steel structure, look no further than Boss Buildings. All you have to do is call today on (866) 733-3313.