Georgia’s Agriculture Industry
With a climate that provides enormous opportunities for farmers, the state of Georgia is a prime location for agriculture. The Peach State is number one in peanut, poultry, and pecan production, with cotton, tobacco, and corn following closely behind. It’s such a massive industry that one in seven Georgia residents works in agriculture. In all, the sector contributes $73 billion annually to the state GDP.
The farms that make up this enormous industry heavily rely on metal buildings to get the job done. Steel structures are vital to Georgia’s agriculture, from storing feed and crops to housing livestock in inclement weather. Without adaptable steel buildings, many important crops simply wouldn’t make it to the dinner table.
Building on Agriculturally Zoned Land
Agricultural zoning is an integral part of Georgia’s economy, used to protect farmland from being used for purposes other than agriculture. In most cases, property zoning is maintained by local government bodies. Without agricultural zoning regulations, these tracts could potentially be purchased by companies and used for residential and commercial activities. Without these efforts, you could possibly see large retail stores and factories pop up on agricultural land.
In some non-exclusive zones, zoning regulations can be potentially changed. However, this requires landowners to apply for permits to ensure the proposed project is compatible with surrounding properties. If you intend to build a metal structure for your property, you’ll need to speak with zoning officials to ensure that everything is permitted correctly.
What Type of Structures Work Well for Georgia Agriculture?
The agriculture industry in Georgia uses a wide variety of metal buildings to conduct business. From metal garages to barns and storage buildings, these structures make up the backbone of Georgia farm operations. Buildings often used by farmers include:
- Barns – Barns are used heavily in the agriculture industry. These resilient structures serve many uses on farms throughout Georgia, from protecting horses and livestock to ensuring that food supplies are safe and dry.
- Poultry Coops – Metal buildings are also used on poultry farms to house chickens. Steel structures are a fantastic way to keep hens and chickens safe from the elements.
- Livestock Shelters – Farmers and ranchers need adequate space to house their livestock during winter and inclement weather, and metal buildings are ideally suited for the job. These structures are highly customizable, making them a great solution no matter what type of livestock you need to shelter.
- Loafing Sheds – If you’ve ever owned horses and livestock, you already know that these wonderful animals need a place to sit and rest once and a while. Loafing sheds provide shade for your animals in the summer months and a warm spot to bed during the winter.
- Equipment Storage – Farming is an incredibly tough job. It’s also a job that requires a lot of heavy tools and equipment. For farmers, protecting these investments is critical to success. Metal steel structures are an excellent choice for keeping tractors, combines, plows, and farm equipment safe and dry no matter the weather outside.
- Hay and Feed Storage – For years, agricultural experts have sworn by steel buildings for protecting feed and hay supplies! Ensuring that feed and hay supplies remain free of mold, mildew, and pests takes serious precautions. Luckily, steel buildings are naturally resistant to these elemental forces, making feed storage a breeze.
- Riding Arenas – Some metal structures, like our clear span buildings, can be built at great sizes with no need for internal support. This makes them a great choice for larger riding arenas and training facilities.
- Farmhouses – Did you know that metal buildings can be finished and transformed into homes? These structures make excellent farmhouses, guest houses, rental buildings, and mother-in-law suites!
Agricultural Buildings from Boss Buildings
Boss Buildings is your dedicated dealer of premium Georgia metal buildings. From smaller equipment sheds to enormous agricultural facilities, we have the expertise and skill to get the job done right! These structures are incredibly strong and built to last a lifetime. So, whether you’re purchasing a metal building kit to protect your farm equipment or you want to create an indoor riding arena to perfect your equestrian skills, we’ve got you covered!
Not only do we have the best structures in the game, but we also have a large team of building experts ready to help you through every step in the process. We’ll walk you through the design, customization, and realization of the structure you need from beginning to end.
We also offer competitive pricing and incredible financing options!
No Matter the Purpose, Boss Buildings has the Georgia Metal Buildings You Need!
Georgia’s a beautiful state with a diverse economy heavily influenced by the agricultural sector. In fact, the state is the national leader in the production of poultry, peanuts, and pecans. As a result, many agricultural businesses rely on metal structures to get their products from the field to the table. Without adaptable steel buildings, many items we take for granted simply wouldn’t stay fresh. Additionally, feed and food supplies for animals wouldn’t be able to last through the winter without the help of metal buildings.
So, if you’ve been thinking of purchasing a metal building for your next agricultural project, you’ve come to the right place. Whether it’s a small loafing shed for your animals or an enormous processing facility, these structures protect your livestock, crops, feed, and more.
The best time to start your new farm project was yesterday. But today’s not bad either! Give us a call today at (336) 673-3065 and let our team of building experts help you design an agricultural steel building that suits your needs.