Metal carports are steel structures used to protect investments such as cars, RVs, and boats. However, you can use them for many more purposes, including play areas for children and workshops.
Carports are steel structures with a roof that can provide shelter for your cars, motorcycles, other automobiles and garden/farm products and equipment. You can customize carports to use them as a suitable storage solution for a wide variety of applications.
In addition to increasing the size of a carport to cover two or more cars, you can customize them with walls (standing-seam panels) to use as storage areas, animal shelters, or play areas for children. The customization is only limited by your imagination.
Metal Carports – Not Just for Cars
Weather greatly contributes to the aging of vehicles. Sun and heat can damage the paint, as can hail and debris. Metal carports provide excellent protection for cars, but they can serve many other purposes as well.
- Play Area for Children – Do your children make countless messes with their toys, and do you struggle to know where to store their endless treasures? A steel carport can be the perfect play structure for children. Metal carports can be customized with sides and ends and provide a safe and enjoyable area for kids to play, be loud, and be kids!
- Protection for Animals – Pets love the outdoors. Dogs love to play outside, but they need protection from bad weather when they are out. Horses and cows also benefit from protection. A metal carport can serve as the perfect shelter for animals and pets, giving them the benefits of being out in the fresh air without the suffering from bad weather.
- Separate Workshop Area – Did you know that you can have a secure workshop area outside your home? A steel carport is a strong and secure option to serve as a workshop. You can add walls and doors to keep your tools safe, but it gives you the extra space you need for working on projects of all kinds.
- Additional Secure Storage – Steel is an incredibly strong material and can be used to build a secure storage area for your valuables. You can customize it with steel doors that you can lock to provide extra storage space without utilizing valuable space inside your home.
Determining the Cost of a Carport
The size of a carport is directly related to increased or decreased costs. When you use more steel to build your carport, the prices will go up. It is important to determine the exact size needed to meet your needs before purchasing a carport kit or having a custom carport built. It is essential to decide what you plan to use the carport for, what exact size you need, and its location. That will help you determine the size that will work best for you.
One of the wonderful aspects of a steel carport is the available customization. Metal carports can be simple open structures with only a roof and beams, or you can enclose them with windows, upgraded roofs and steel beams, electricity, storage, and more! As you add more customized features, however, the price will increase. Keep in mind your budget and needs as you’re determining what type of carport to build.
Metal carports have three types of roofing to choose from. Regular roofs with horizontal panels are economical, simple, and effective for areas that do not experience snowfall.
Boxed Eave, or A-Frame style roofs, are an attractive look with a minimal increase in cost. However, they also have horizontal panels, so they are not recommended for heavy snowfall areas.
Vertical roofs feature vertical panels that run perpendicular to the ground, allowing snow, rain, and debris to run off the roof effectively. They are the most expensive roof style. However, they are the most durable and cost the least in the long run.
Adding gables to the roof of your carport not only increases the attractiveness of your carport, they also assist with strengthening the structure by adding support.
Heavy snow can create a need for additional roof strength. Adding extra trusses can create the needed support to prevent snow from damaging the roof.
Prefabricated Metal Carport Kits: High Quality and Affordable
If you are looking for the perfect combination of high quality and affordability in a carport, a prefabricated metal carport will meet your needs. It is the ideal combination of versatility and flexibility that you will be able to build yourself! Not only is it made from durable steel, but it is also an affordable option that is energy efficient as well. Affordability has never looked so good!
- Metal Carport Kits are Versatile and Flexible – Customize a carport kit to meet your needs!
- You Can Build it Yourself! – Metal carport kits can be a DIY project that you can build over a weekend!
- Durable Steel – Metal carport kits are made of high-grade and extremely durable steel, made to last!
- Carport Kits are Affordable, and Will Save You Money! – Purchasing a carport kit will save you money while not decreasing the quality of your metal carport.
- Metal Carports are Energy Efficient – Adding insulation to your carport will decrease energy costs while increasing energy efficiency.
In the Market for an Ideal Metal Carport? Contact Us Today!
Boss Buildings is a team of dedicated and trained professionals that deliver high-quality metal buildings. We are a trusted and respected metal building dealer, going above and beyond for our loyal customers wherever we can.
We offer many metal carport options and have the best pricing. We also offer free delivery! Contact Boss Buildings today at (336) 673-3065!