Self–improvement is an important part of life and gives us all the opportunity to work on things that can help enhance the way we live. The best self–improvement books are tailored to our individual needs and offer honest advice and clear guidance about what we can all do to improve our own outcomes.
With self–improvement books lining up the shelves in bookstores all over the country, we wanted to take a look at some of the best options for you to read during Self–Improvement Month this September, and have shared our top ten choices to get you started. Take a look at our choices, and let us help you work out which book is the best self–help book for you!
Our Top Ten Self–Improvement Book Choices
Choosing the right self–improvement books can be daunting, especially with so many options to choose from. The following ten options have been carefully selected to cover a broad range of topics and to provide you with the most trustworthy advice:
- Make Your Bed by Admiral William H. McRaven – this book is a fantastic choice for anyone with interest in the military as it was written by an ex-Navy SEAL that headed the successful Osama Bin Laden ops. It focuses on providing a number of simple steps that will help you improve your motivation and feel in control no matter what life throws at you!
- Declutter Your Mind by S.J. Scott and Barrie Davenport – if you find yourself weighed down by anxiety and negative thoughts, then this book comes with some brilliant tips to help you regain control. It’s the perfect companion for anyone that has ever felt overwhelmed and will give you a clear route to improving your mindset.
- Get Out of Your Own Way by Dr. Mark Goulston and Phillip Goldberg – if you are often consumed by self-doubt and experience self-defeating behavior, then this self–help book will give you a number of strategies that you can implement in order to improve your outcomes. It also works hard to explain where these behaviors come from so that you can understand the reason you behave in this way.
- The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey – This is one of the most popular personal development books on the market and provides readers with the information and tools to change from being reactive to being proactive and taking control of your life and choices. It’s great for anyone that wants to reboot their outlook and change their behavior.
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle – for many people, spirituality is a large part of life, and this book not only teaches you about using it for great outcomes but also helps you to understand the importance that is held in living in the now. If you need help to get your emotions under control and want to stop letting the future get in the way, then this is the book for you.
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie – if you are low in confidence and need some tips to improve your life, then this tried and tested self–help book is a great choice! It has sold more than 15 million copies worldwide and offers clear and fuss-free advice that will get you ready to tackle things you may once have been too worried to try!
- Who Moved My Cheese? by Dr. Spencer Johnson – for anyone that struggles with the idea of change, this story of four characters who are traversing a maze is a great choice. Not only will it help you to recognize the importance of change, but it will also help you learn how to adapt and embrace change even when you weren’t expecting it.
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill – if you are keen to grow your wealth or want to enjoy greater success in life, then the thirteen steps offered in this self–help book will set you on the right path. Written clearly and delivered in a non-judgmental way, this is a great choice for anyone that wants to make more of their finances now and in the future.
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz – so many of us have beliefs that stop us from taking chances as we do not think we can achieve the outcomes we want. Don Miguel Ruiz uses wisdom from Toltec foundations to help you prioritize what you want and to believe you can achieve it.
- The Road Less Travelled by M Scott Peck – another age-old book of wisdom – this self–help book will take you on a journey to help you understand how you manage relationships, challenges, and more so that you can look forward to more successful and happy outcomes.
How to Find the Right Self–Help Book for You
- Now you know our top picks, you will need to know how to pick the right book for you! To do this, follow the steps below:
- Decide the exact area you want to get help with to improve
- Opt for a self-help book that offers a narrow focus, covering the area you are interested in
- Choose a book that is truly appealing to you
- Read the blurb and decide if it resonates with you
- Don’t fall for a book that claims to be able to cure everything
- Always choose books based on the positivity that provide solutions that you are happy to try
THE BOSS is Focused on Self–Improvement
Whilst our main focus is selling outstanding metal buildings, the team at Boss Buildings has taken the initiative to work on self–development this September. We will be looking at how to develop as individuals as well as a company, and we would love to hear more about what you are going to do too. Take a look at what we do and get in touch today at (336) 673-3065 – let’s all improve ourselves together!