Should You Choose a Barndominium or a Metal House?
With more people choosing to build their own homes, designs for metal buildings are becoming more unique! Some of the most popular choices include Barndominiums and other steel home kits. However, if you are considering installing your very own home, then it can be difficult to choose which one to go for. Fear not! We are here to take you through your options so that you can choose your steel building home with confidence.
Understanding What Barndominiums and Metal Homes Are?
It is important to note that Barndominiums and metal homes both provide residential accommodation but are very different in terms of layout and additional usage. Tiny steel homes have been a huge part of the revolution that sees people selling their property and swapping it for a smaller house that ranges in size from 100 – 1200 feet. The idea behind the tiny house movement is to swap traditional living for a more economic and simple life that focuses on self-reliance and improving the environment. It was once seen as a fad, but as it continues to grow in popularity, more people are making the move to smaller metal building homes.
The other housing craze that seems to be taking the world by storm is the Barndominium. These buildings are made from steel and offer a cost-effective and versatile solution that could see you creating a place to work, live and store things. Originally, a Barndominium was used to create some place to sleep whilst keeping an eye on livestock, but it has now evolved into a stylish and functional way to live, and people across the US seem to be loving it!
Recognizing How Barndominiums Are Different From Traditional Housing
Texas is home to many ranchers who, over the years, have worked hard to find simple ways to keep their animals safe after dark and reduce the stresses of having to check on their animals when storms hit. The result of this was the Barndominium – a barn that is converted to provide a living space for the rancher and their family as well as a barn space for animals and equipment.
While Barndominiums are a type of housing, they do offer a wide range of features that make them a great choice, including:
- Being multi-purpose – Rather than having a number of different outbuildings for all your needs, a Barndominium works to keep everything under one roof. So, whether you want to keep animals, store your machinery or add a workshop space, this is all possible, as well as having a place to call home.
- Offering a cost-effective solution – When you choose to install a steel building home, then a Barndominium offers the best value for money as it provides an upstairs living space that can be designed to fit the needs of your family plus an empty space downstairs for you to utilize according to your needs. Plus, if you choose a metal building home kit, then you can save even more cash!
- Creating the interior finish you want – If you want a lavish and modern space to live in with stunning features and top-of-the-range appliances, then a Barndominium is perfect. Metal buildings with living quarters can be designed to suit your taste, style, and budget so that you always feel at home.
- Creating the exterior finish you want – A Barndo looks like a barn from the outside, but is a home on the inside. You can tailor it by adding the finishes you want to make it look like the home you’ve always dreamed of, but with the functionality of a barn.
- Designing your space – When you invest in a metal building, you are in control of how it is designed and what it looks like. This means you can organize the floor plans to suit your needs, and choose from our various color schemes so it is bespoke to your tastes.
- Providing a home for your livestock – If you are investing in a Barndo, then you probably have livestock or intend to get livestock. These spaces make great homes for your animals and allow you to be in tune with their needs at all times. However, if you love a Barndo but don’t want livestock, then don’t worry! Your large open plan space will make a great workshop, business premises, or community hub too.
Knowing Which Style is Most Popular Where You Are
You may be keen to get on board with the tiny house movement or want to install a Barndominium right away, but it is always sensible to check out what is popular in the area you are located. Many landowners are keen to build sympathetically, and the idea of fitting in with the style of the area you live in is a great way to achieve this.
If you love Barndominiums, then you will find them mainly in Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Texas. The place you will find the most Barndominiums is Texas, as this is where this style of building first originated. If you prefer a smaller house, then heading to Arkansas, Idaho, Louisiana, Mississippi, or Wyoming is a great idea because this is where they are currently most popular!
Get Help Choosing the Right Metal House Kit with Boss Buildings
If you are uncertain and need some help to choose the right steel home for you, then the team at Boss Buildings is here for you. With a variety of building options and many high-quality metal house kits to choose from, you can be certain that we are the team you need on your side.
Each of our buildings comes with free delivery and installation, and we have a team of dedicated and well-trained professionals that are ready to help you choose the right solution for your needs. No matter whether you are just starting to think about metal homes or if you are ready to start installing, we are here for you. Contact us today at (336) 673-3065 to get the answers you need and arrange a no-obligation quote – we look forward to working with you!